No. 42 Inhibition effect by α-cyclodextrin on an elevation of blood glucose level after administration of sucrose
Functions of α-CD (human trial)
Atopic dermatitis, Cedar pollen allergy, Asthma
- Anti-metabolic syndrome
Lowering effect of fat and cholesterol
Inhibition effect to an elevation of blood glucose level
- Regulate the functions of the intestines
Inhibition effect to an elevation of BG level by α-CD
Transition of blood glucose levels after eating boiling rice
Test material : Boiled rice contained rice (carbohydrate : 50g) and α-CD (0g, 2g, 5g, 10g)
Subjects : healthy human volunteers
Jonathan D. Buckley, Alicia A. Thorp, Karen J. Murphy, Peter R.C. Howe, Ann. Nutr. Metab., 2006, 50, 108-114.
→ α-CD can inhibit amylase activity.
Digestion of carbohydrates
In this study, inhibitory effect of α-CD on other glucosidase was explored.
Oral sucrose tolerance test (mice)
- The mice were fasted for 12 hours and administered α-CD water solution (saline for control group) orally via a stomach tube.
- After 20 minutes, all mice group were administered sucrose water solution (2g/kgBW) orally via a stomach tube.
- Blood sample was taken from the tail followed by measuring blood glucose level (0min, 15min, 30min, 45min and 90min).
→ These results showed that α-CD could inhibit sucrase activity.
Oral glucose tolerance test (mice)
→ These results showed that α-CD could not affect the absorption of glucose.
- α-CD suppressed an elevation of blood glucose level after administration of sucrose to mice.
- Inhibition of sucrase activity by α-CD was suggested.